My big project for the day was to rearranged my office. I’ve moved in front of the window so I get better lighting for video calls, freed up some space and, most importantly, got myself back into a `working’ mode.
- The cheapskate’s water cooler on the right turned out to be an excellent idea
- The mouse is on a cord because that helps me use the phone less (the phone is locked in drawer and the key is on the end of the mouse cable; that’s probably another post)
- The Powerline adapter is to solve a persisent problem with my wifi - the router is no more than two meters away but my desk machine has a great deal of problems connecting to it.
The long term plan is to convert the room into an office/grown-up room. We’ve ceeded control of the rest of the house to the children so it would be nice to put a sofa and movie projector in here for ‘date night’: the combination of a newborn and lockdown does suggest that it’s worth planning for indoor dates.
Short term plans/ideas include:
- Clearing out all the junk that’s outside the frame of the photo
- Putting a larger top onto the filing cabinate so it can be used as a table.
- A better desk chair.
- A set of speakers.
- Automated (or at least remote control) blinds